投稿者
タイトル
内容
重要度
こちらの投稿に対しての返信は上記欄にお願いします。

投稿:
投稿者: Quiet times bring thoughts of you.

First I want to apologize.
I don't know if it is appropriate for me to submit in English here, but I don't understand Nihongo, so I can only try to express my questions and ideas in English.
I first came into contact with Kiyohiko and his singing on YouTube a few months ago, and was immediately conquered by his charm. Now I must watch Kiyohiko singing on YouTube every day.
Because I am not Japanese, I paid special attention to the English songs sung by Kiyohiko. Many of them have been favorites and familiar to me since I was young, such as Green Green Grass of Home, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, etc.
I think Kiyohiko surpasses the original lead singers of these songs, such as Tom Jones, Engelbert Humperdinck, Andy Williams and others, in terms of English pronunciation, singing skills, song interpretation and expression. The most representative one is the song Till.
I'm curious, are both English and Japanese native to Kiyohiko? Because the pronunciation of the English songs he sang was standard, there was no accent at all, and there were no flaws in the syllables.
If English is not his mother tongue, are the hundreds of English songs he can sing the result of his own practice? Because I noticed that some songs, such as Love Me with All of Your Heart, the version that Kiyohiko sang when he was young and included in Golden Best, had a very slight accent, but when he sang it later in public performances, there was no accent at all.

記事番号:3605

重要度:☆

2024年01月18日 (木) 20時44分

返信:
投稿者: kumiko

Welcome to this website. I'm Kumiko, an administrator of this site.
I'm very pleased with your comment because you expressed your ideas frankly about the English songs sung by Kiyohiko and those songs have been favorites and familiar to you since you were young.
Especially, Love is a Many Splendored Thing sung by Kiyohiko is the best in the world.
I quite agree that Kiyohiko surpasses the original lead singers. Recently, I heard Fly Me to the Moon sung by Frank Sinatra and realized that Kiyohiko surpasses Sinatra in terms of song interpretation and expression. Till is also excellent.
Kiyohiko's native language is only Japanese. He is especially good at listening. Maybe he can recognize a very slight difference of accent or syllables. So he can speak not only English but also Japanese provincial dialect fluently. He said that he studies language as listening to music. In other words, language is a kind of melody for him.
So, he is also good at impersonating popular celebrities.

記事番号:3606

重要度:☆

2024年01月21日 (日) 13時19分

SYSTEM BY せっかく掲示板