御投稿
投稿者
タイトル
内容
重要度
こちらの投稿に対しての返信は上記欄にお願いします。

投稿:
投稿者: Quiet times bring thoughts of you.

Dear Kumiko, thank you for replying to my message, I am really happy!
It seems that Kiyohiko is not only talented in singing, but also a language genius. I can imagine that when he speaks English, his pronunciation must be standard and fluent, and he can also freely chat and communicate in English with singers such as Tom Jones who sing with him!
Thank you for sharing these anecdotes about Kiyohiko.
Can I ask one more question?
Till is my favorite song lately. Comparing to Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck, I think Kiyohiko’s singing express the true feeling of this spectacular and splendored love song, which is "the sea run dry, the rocks in ruins, but my love will never change.” When I listen to it, I feel like he is singing to me alone.
But it seems that Kiyohiko rarely performs this song in public performances? Unlike songs like Love Me Tonight, there are many videos on YouTube. why is that? Is it because this song is not that popular in Japan?
Finally, speaking of Frank Sinatra’s original songs Fly Me to the Moon and Stranger in the Night, I really like the video of Kiyohiko singing these two songs at an outdoor event in Yokohama in 2008. He seems very relaxed and enjoys singing in it. Thank you for uploading and sharing

記事番号:3607

重要度:☆

2024年01月22日 (月) 20時46分

返信:
投稿者: kumiko

Dear Quiet times bring thoughts of you,
thank you for your message. I'm really happy, too.
Maybe he doesn't recognize English as language but as music.
So his pronunciation must be standard, but he can’t so freely chat and communicate in English with other people. He seems not a language genius but a musical genius.
For examle, Danish has 17 vowels, and Kiyohiko might sing Danish songs fluently even though he can't communicate with Danish at all.

He might study English pronunciation and music on the radio. He said that he had often listened to the English radio channel, FEN(Far East Network, AFN) since his childhood.
His grandfather(his father's father) is an Englishman. And when Kiyohiko was born, his grandfather had already died.
Kiyohiko might have hereditary English vocal cords. I guess that his vocal cords are not Japanese but English ones.

As you commented, Kiyohiko rarely performs Till in public performances and it's a really “spectacular and splendored love song”. I don't know why this song isn't so popular in Japan.
Thank you for listening to Fly Me to the Moon and Stranger in the Night. This time, I uploaded Till for you. It isn’t video but sound recording of TV program in 1972. Please enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XePBpGMlJ5A

記事番号:3608

重要度:☆

2024年01月24日 (水) 18時50分

SYSTEM BY せっかく掲示板